Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN CHOOSING A MANAGING AGENT?
- How long have you been licensed as a property manager?
- How long have you been active in our suburb or region?
- How much experience have you had in leasing and managing properties comparable to ours?
- How much did these properties lease for and when?
- What is your top and bottom estimate for the rental of our property?
- How much do you charge?
- Can you provide the details of a past or current client for us to contact?
- Can you provide an example of what the marketing schedule might look like?
- How much will the advertising “for lease” cost?
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF A MANAGING AGENT?
Successful management of an investment property or your family home can be complex, with many factors coming into play to ensure continuance of rental income and that the property is well maintained during the tenancy term.
An experienced Agent brings all of their knowledge and expertise into play and they will:
- Provide a realistic indication of the rental value of your property.
- Use their experience in marketing using the internet, photography and signage to attract the best possible tenants.
- Source prospective tenants from their extensive database.
- Manage enquiries and facilitate viewings of your property.
- Record all prospective enquiries and report regularly on the progress of leasing.
- Ensure a strict qualification process of tenancy applications and communicate potential applicants to you.
- Compile a detailed Property Condition Report of the property including accompanying photos.
- Conduct regular Routine Inspections with written reports.
- Arrange and supervise property maintenance plus co-ordinate tradespeople and contractors.
- Negotiate the renewal of leases and review rental return levels.
- Keep accurate, audited financial records of all monetary transactions.
‹ Back to Property Management